Join me on Facebook!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Blossom ~ work in progress

Work in progress - 8x8" colored pencil on clayboard 

I've been interested in trying this surface for colored pencil for awhile.  I've used it several times for graphite and really liked the outcomes.... and for colored pencil, it also seems to work well.  There is almost no tooth, however, and that is a slight difference for building up layers of color.  Also, I typically work on a not-white surface for colored pencil... my favorite surface is actually black paper with very little tooth.    But, nevertheless, I think this will turn out well.   My reference photo is one I took just after a rain storm when the sun had come out.  You can see a few water droplets still clinging to the leaves.  

See below for the works I've done using this surface with graphite.  



Email me for more information on these finished works!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...