Join me on Facebook!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Dusty Landscape

Dusty Landscape,  5.25 x 7.5" acrylic on suede pastel paper
©2011, Helen Read 
 SOLD

This was an experiment.  I've never worked with suede pastel paper before. What started as one thing turned into another.  Suede paper is highly texturized.  Therefore, this acrylic painting is also highly texturized.  I don't think this photograph does it justice.  The colors actually are muted and dusty, but in person they are more vibrant than it seems here.  My typical scanning of the painting wasn't adequate either - because of the texture, it didn't really capture the color correctly.  The digital camera I used also didn't record the color very well.  But, here it is anyway! 
While the painting looks good in its finished form, painting on suede paper was rather difficult. 
I may have to alter my technique --- or just use it for pastels! 

 



1 comment:

janice skivington said...

Helen, I think that his little experiment on the sueded paper turned out really well. Very nice for the small plein air study. and the right size and medium for the daily painter venue. Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...