Join me on Facebook!

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Along the Canal

 

Still drying on my easel, this painting is about to be completed.  It's been a journey outside my comfort zone, using a very intense color of rose for the underpainting.  Working with that undertone to provide warmth. but challenging to also give a sense of daylight waning.    

My inspiration/reference photo came from an early evening walk along a canal in Idaho.  It's interesting to me that much of farming there (not at all like here in the midwest where I live) is dependent on the canals along the fields to water and irrigate.  There was a pathway alongside, which really was a little bigger than a foot path.  

Color is an area where I'm exploring and growing artistically.  I've gotten a little bored with my very faithful to nature color use, and found that using brighter, more vibrant color is exciting to my eye.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...