Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, April 28, 2022

An Old Canvas - New Ideas

 Years ago, I stretched a canvas by piecing together pieces of canvas, priming it, and giving it several coats of gesso.  I wasn't completely sure where to go with it.  I added a few layers of thin paint and put it aside to think about.  

And it's sat, untouched, ever since. 

This week,  I picked it up again and have been working with a very expressionistic style to create something of interest, incorporating some of the interesting features of a pieced canvas.  

It's still evolving but there is something happening on this canvas now. 






It's still coming together.  I have a few more ideas before it is finalized.
It's been very freeing to work in this uncharted way,
listening as I go... sensing the direction.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...