Join me on Facebook!

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Vibrant Landscape - Experimenting with color combinations

 

Color....  I seem to always be chasing more interesting color combinations and how they relate to one another.  I'm working with oil pastels to try some new combinations... to see the atmosphere they create.  In this experiment - I was working with warm and cool combinations - juxtaposed next to one another...  I like the sense mystery that has resulted.  

If you look closely, there are subtle juxtapositions - warm colors that have a leaning toward cool.  Cool colors that learn toward warm.  And also, value shifts that are intriguing.  

Experimenting and working with known variables in a new way is an important part of discovery. 

What's next for this??  Possibly a full sized oil painting will come from
these color combinations.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...