Join me on Facebook!

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Evening Lagoon

Evening Lagoon,  24x36" Oil on canvas 
©Helen Read 

Much bigger in size - and maybe bolder than I usually paint - this painting has been in progress over the past few weeks. And now, I'm calling it finished!  There's always some satisfaction in coming to the end a work... and larger ones that take longer magnify that feeling. 

I've been sensing a desire for some changes in my work in the previous months.  I desire to show more color, more vivacity, more joy in immersing oneself in the beauty of nature.  More delight in the Creator who gives us such beauty to enjoy.  I also have been looking for more freedom - freedom to interpret and imagine - freedom of brushstroke and expression.  This painting has allowed me to go in that direction.  

It is framed in a contemporary black wooden frame and will be ready to ship after an upcoming exhibit. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...